My Blog

My photo
I use this blog to write about my travel experience and my try to express my opinion on general things. Happy Reading!!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Corporate Ladder

As you move up in corporate ladder, a lot of changes take place in you as well as your responsibilities.

# Your day-to-day responsibilities goes down but your year-to-year responsibilities go up.You are looked down upon as a person who will provide long term direction to business.

# You are more accountable and less responsible
More accountable for your team, their performance and cumulative business. Less responsible as you are not involved in day-to-day stuff.

# Soft skills are of prime importance to handle subordiantes and get them motivated to do things efficiently.That’s where a management degree would help, but for a person with right attitude, skill and knowledge this would hardly matter.

# Physical stress vs mental stress
Physical stress decreases, but mental stress increases.

These are some of the changes that I have observed. Are there any other changes?

No comments: