My Blog

My photo
I use this blog to write about my travel experience and my try to express my opinion on general things. Happy Reading!!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Training on TIPS



Recently I happened to attend training on Team Building and Interpersonal Skills. I had attended a couple of similar trainings earlier also and this was one of them. The trainer was our HR director and we were about 20 members in all. The training consisted of different team building exercises and development of interpersonal skills through active listening, questioning, constructive argument, providing feedback, appreciation and summarizing. I was able to brush up some of my existing skills, develop new skills and develop rapport with some people with whom I was hardly interacting.
Some of the team building games we played were – Flying Eggs, Building of bridge, Win as many as you can and making a model for transportation of eggs. At the end we all got a certificate of participation,
The after effect of the training is that some people have started wishing me every morning and evening who otherwise would hardly notice my existence.

No comments: